Please address correspondence to:
St Thomas à Becket Catholic College
For general enquiries please speak to Sarah Murray
Telephone: (01924) 303545
Fax: (01924) 303548
PLEASE NOTE: This email address is for general information only. For confidential matters please telephone the school and ask to speak to the relevant person.
The college is situated on Barnsley Road (A61). From the South leave the M1 at Junction 39 and head towards Wakefield, follow signs for Sandal.
From the North leave the M1 at Junction 41, head towards the centre of Wakefield and then follow signs for Barnsley (A61). The visitor’s car park is situated at the back of the school with access from Agbrigg Road.
The following bus services travel down Barnsley Road and call at Wakefield Bus Station:
- 102 (Lupset – Wakefield – Eastmoor)
- 195 (Wakefield – Walton – New Crofton – Ryhill – South Hiendley – Hemsworth)
- 196 (Wakefield – Walton – New Crofton – Ryhill – Newstead – Hemsworth)
- 485 (Wakefield – Agbrigg – Crofton – Nostell – Ackworth – Badsworth – Upton – South Elmsall)
- 110 (Leeds – Lofthouse – Outwood – Wakefield – Kettlethorpe – Hall Green)
- 117 (Leeds – Wakefield – Ossett)
- 444 (Wakefield – Rothwell – Leeds)
- 446 (Wakefield – Woodlesford – Leeds)
Sandal and Agbrigg station (Wakefield Line) is a 5 minute walk from the college where a regular service runs to the following stations: Leeds – Outwood – Wakefield Westgate – Sandal and Agbrigg – Fitzwilliam – South Elmsall – Adwick – Bentley – Doncaster / Moorthorpe – Rotherham – Meadowhall – Sheffield.
Further information on all Wakefield transport including times, maps and routes can be found on the Metro website.
METRO have produced college transport guides for students and parents and can be downloaded from their website.