Welcome from the Headteacher
Healthy roots and a healthy environment enable us to grown, thrive and flourish in a rapidly changing and at times, challenging, world.
Creating this environment for rich and healthy growth underpins the way we build our school community too and allow our pupils to grow, thrive and flourish at school and in their life beyond their time with us
Our community is built upon nurturing;
- Rich spiritual development
- Rich academic deveopment .
- The development of strong, healthy and nurturing relationships in and out of school
- Strong physical development as children become young adults making choices around keeping safe, fit and healthy
- Rich emotional development enabling pupils to recognise, respond to and regulate emotions as appropriate and to become resilient and confident in their abilities, guided by the strongest of moral codes
We insist upon excellence from all members of our community and the search for and development of Faith. By becoming an Academy, and as part of a wider family of Catholic schools, we now have greater resources and freedom to support this and have enjoyed massive financial investment in facilities within the last two years including a new Sports Hall and a unique cycling circuit.
We are very proud of our excellent reputation, which is built on our outstanding pastoral care, sporting and arts provision and excellent exam results
The size of the school as well as the way we structure learning allows us to know each child as an individual, enabling them to realise their God-given potential.
We are a Catholic school committed to providing distinctive and supportive education for children and families from all social and religious backgrounds.
Becket’s is, I believe, unique and distinctive amongst other schools including Catholic schools but, of course, the best way to find out what we’re really like is to visit us.
Mrs Cathy Baxendale