Why do we have uniform?
We have uniform as an integral part of our school. It is about pride and respect and being prepared for the business of learning. It is about being part of this community. It is about equality.
How am I expected to wear my UNIFORM?
– Picture guidelines are in the file below this
We strive to ensure that UNIFORM is consistently NEAT and worn well ACROSS ALL YEAR GROUPS IN THE SCHOOL and THROUGHOUT the school day INCLUDING OCCASIONS WHEN STUDENTS ARE REPRESENTING THE SCHOOL.
- The tie is to be worn with a minimum of five stripes below the knot and five shields for Y11, knotted to cover a fastened top button.
- The blazer is to be worn at all times within school premises unless a member of staff has given direct permission to remove it. Sleeves are to be worn at full length and the collar should be down.
- Official school badges (c) issued for school responsibilities and awards only may be worn.
- Shirt/Blouse A plain white school shirt should be worn ensuring that they are long enough to be fully tucked into trousers/skirts. A long sleeved or short sleeved shirt may be worn. They should have a formal collar and a top button. Any garment worn underneath shirts/blouses must be white and not visible.
- Hoodies and sweatshirts (c) do not form any part of the school uniform they are to be removed immediately on arrival onto school grounds.
- Outdoor coats/hats /gloves /scarves are to be removed as soon as possible on entry to the school building.
- A school jumper is available for purchase as an additional uniform item but a blazer must still to be worn.
- Trousers should be pulled up around the waist with no underwear on show. A plain black belt may be worn.
- Skirts will not be tight fitting and should be just above the knee.
Footwear – Black, flat shoes are to be worn. No boots, sandals, canvas pumps or trainers are to be worn.
- Socks should be dark grey or black.
- Tights should be flesh coloured or black.
- Jewellery (c) One plain stud is allowed in each ear lobe. A crucifix/cross may be worn under the shirt/blouse and no more than one religious wrist band is permitted. Watches are allowed, but not FitBit, Smart watches, or iWatches.
- Nails – No un-natural nail polish, no false nails.
- Make-up – Minimal foundation and mascara only.
- Hairstyles – Extremes of hairstyles often gain unwanted attention and are not allowed.
- Confiscation – Items above marked (c) can be confiscated –The sanction will be five school days unless collected by a parent/carer/adult. Refusal follows the same sanction as for Mobile Phones.
- Uniform will be checked by staff every morning
- Students without the correct uniform will serve a lunchtime detention that day and will be given clean replacement uniform including blazers, shirts, ties, tights and socks.
- Replacement shoes will be given. These will have been hygienically cleaned beforehand.
- Parents will be informed.
- Students who do not wear their uniform correctly (as explained above) will have a slip written which will be placed in a Year box in Mrs Bannister’s office.
- They will serve a lunchtime detention the next day.
- Students wearing prohibited items will have them confiscated.
- These will be placed in a brown envelope which will be dated and sealed.
- Items can be collected after at the end of the fifth school day.
- Refusal to hand items over will result in an automatic three day internal exclusion.
School Uniform details and pricing are below, (click picture to enlarge). NB Please note that uniform may be purchased from a provider of your choice as long as it meets our specifications as above
PE Kit details are beneath and pricing for that is in the document at the bottom of the page.